Progress report 2
[Originally posted on May 26, 2022]
Development has been progressing quite nicely:
* Almost finished the FORTRESS zone map.
* Added mechanism for performing real-time arbitrary changes to maps (and used it for various purposes in the existing maps).
* Extended tile-related events triggering mechanism (and used it for various purposes in the existing maps).
* Changed properties of some tiles so that food/drink items do not spawn on top them, becoming uncatchable.
* Fixed baddies X initialization (the spawning code is distributed across multiple frames to spread the load, but it defined the X before the final position was validated; given that, in the meanwhile, the screen most likely scrolled, at the time of spawning the X could have been unsuitable - and thus caused the baddies, in some circumstances, to appear out of nothing).
* Fixed sprites clipping code (the fact that the screen is narrower/shorter due to scrolling was not taken into account because of some wrong labels and a constant was off by 1).
* Made some optimizations.
* Renamed meters: "belly satisfaction meter" -> "belly meter"; "turbofart charge meter" -> "turbofart meter".
* Touched up manual.
The attached animation shows a little example of how the new mechanisms have been used to make the existing maps to make more interesting (the animation also shows the baddie-out-of-nothing bug mentioned in the changelog).
Get QUOD INIT EXIT IIo
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.