Beam me up!
New gameplay feature: teleporters! Wizard of Wor had two connected gates at the sides of the screen that allowed the player to go from one to another, from the left side of the screen to the right one, and vice versa. Blastaway takes that concept one step further.
On top of that, this new version brings a number of other changes that make the game more enjoyable than ever.
- Added teleporters.
- Unified tiles and non-enemy sprites palettes.
- Touched up tiles graphics.
- Added alternative walls tiles for more graphical variety (more to come).
- Added soldier death sound.
- Replaced "I'm ready" sound with one without noise effect.
- Changed "I'm ready" sound policy: now it will play almost immediately at the very beginning of an arena, and, when a new soldier activates, after half a second; in both cases, provided that the player has not started moving him already.
- Increased minimum number of enemies from 5 to 8.
- Renamed "enemies" as "wors" (one more tribute to Wizard of Wor).
- Improved/extended manual.
- Made various internal improvements/bugfixes.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.