A downloadable Amiga game
WHAT IS THIS?
SkillGrid is a score-attack endless vertical shooter mini-game.
It is currently in development, and will be released (hopefully) before the end of 2018.
Here is a gameplay preview (see also the other ones in the devlog):
- Mixed gameplay based on shooting at enemies and catching of bonus/malus/hybrid cells
- 3 parallax layers generated procedurally and scrolling at variable speed
- 1 fixed layer for the HUD and laser beams
- Real transparencies (each color can have any 8 bit degree of transparency)
- Beautiful tiny sprites
- Pixel-perfect collision detection
- 3 audio channels allocated dynamically for one-shot sounds
- 1 audio channel allocated for the afterburner looping sound
- Variable afterburner sound frequency, depending on the ship vertical speed and the scrolling
- Music in the form of 14 bit lossless-packed mono PCM samples, played at ~28.9 kHz
- Single load from either harddisk or floppy disks.
- Amiga 1200 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga CD³²
- PAL display
- audio speakers
- joystick plugged in port 2
- 2 DD floppies (only for Amiga 1200s without FAST RAM)
- ~1.8 MB of hard disk space
- ~1.8 MB of CHIP/FAST RAM
- ~150 kB of CHIP RAM
- AmigaOS 3.0 or better
- SkillGrid on Amiga CD³²5 days ago
- Adding a sub-game (?)14 days ago
- Preview #817 days ago
- New proof-of-concept background graphics21 days ago
- Preview #723 days ago
- Preview #669 days ago
- One more feature implemented71 days ago
- A number of important changes76 days ago