A downloadable Amiga game
WHAT IS THIS?
SkillGrid is an endless score-attack vertical shoot 'em up.
- Original gameplay based on shooting at enemies and catching/dodging of cells
- 3 parallax layers (2 of which generated procedurally) scrolling at variable speed
- 1 fixed layer for the HUD and other effects
- Real transparencies with 8 bit alpha channel
- Real-time palette changes
- Beautiful tiny sprites
- Pixel-perfect collision detection
- High quality prog-rock music in the form of lossless-packed 8 bit stereo 28.9 kHz samples
- Speech warnings
- Audio channels allocated dynamically for one-shot sounds
- Variable afterburner sound frequency, depending on the ship vertical speed and the scrolling speed
- ... all running at steady 50 Hz
- Single load from hard disk, CD, or floppy disks
- Hiscore saving
SkillGrid will be available from RGCD as a gorgeous physical package:
- basic edition: jewel-cased glass-mastered CD with 16 pages booklet, 2 floppy labels, RETREAM postcard;
- deluxe edition: clamshell box containing the basic edition plus 2 floppies, 4 badges pack, A3 poster (optionally rolled in a separate container), RGCD postcard, RGCD vinyl sticker.
It will also be available as a digital download here.
- Amiga 1200/4000/CD³²
- PAL display
- stereo speakers
- joystick or joypad plugged in port 2
- ~2 MB of hard disk space
- ~2 MB of CHIP/FAST RAM
- ~250 kB of CHIP RAM
SkillGrid is part of a saga that, as of writing, includes six different games.
BOH opens the story, with the Evil Masters bringing chaos to Earth. Huenison focuses on the fight against one of them, the eponymous character. Eventually the Evil Masters were repelled, but, as seen in QUOD INIT EXIT IIm, during their retreat, Huenison and his companions happened to pass by planet Suinio and decided to cause trouble there as well. Having witnessed the Evil Masters' cruelty, the Pemkians decided develop the defense training program that SkillGrid is part of. In MAH, years later, the danger came from the Apocalypser, the weapon that had been developed against the Evil Masters and that the Purifiers activated to destroy the Earth. Finally, KOG assigns a new task to the hero who turned the Apocalypser off.
- CDs ready!3 days ago
- The package is coming together14 days ago
- Production started!24 days ago
- Gameplay video75 days ago
- Manual (7)82 days ago
- Manual (6)82 days ago
- Manual (5)83 days ago
- Manual (4)84 days ago