It's so long since I've seen a dev blog mentioning available floppy disk space! :-)
The game is getting closer and closer to completion (in fact, there is almost no floppy disk space left)!
This eighth preview demonstrates these new features:
* UFOs escapes feature (if 30 UFOs escape in a row, it's game over - see double-UFO bar in the HUD);
* DAMAGE cell (broken shield; halves the shield level);
* HALT cell (halts the spaceship for 2 seconds; see hand bar in the HUD);
* NUKE cell (destroys all the UFOs on screen);
* TURN cell (changes randomly the direction of all the UFOs on screen);
* UFOs/FAST (makes the incoming UFOs move on average at fast speed);
* UFOs/SLOW cells (makes the incoming UFOs move on average at slow speed);
* two new UFO types;
* reworked boss graphics and sound;
* reworked backgrounds graphics (still temporary);
* adapted/updated HUD;
* better explosion sound;
* better boss AI;
* more points awarded by boss;
* a resurfaced glitch that causes sprites to be occasionally rendered in the wrong (and hardware-wise theoretically impossible) colors :p
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Lovely comment :)
This is a proper retro game for a proper retro computer (the Amiga), so it just has to come on floppies (all 2 of them)!
Since I was an ST owner I'm legally obliged to scorn your Amiga work! :-p
Much love for the 16-bits of all types - and yes, was kind of jealous of the Amiga's sound capabilities back then... great to see games still being made for them and even the 8-bits. Keep up the good work mate!